Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Vol. 2, No. 102
Welcome to your Wednesday edition of the LAD, The Source for news, jobs, and blogs you can use in the business of law.
Thanks to the folks at Fairfax Associates for an insightful article on leverage. Or more to the point, non-equity partners. Its a discussion which will prompt you to examine your firm's partnership advancement strategy. Read about it
Technology Crystal Ball
The folks at ILTA (I hope you're a member) have undertaken a 'thought leadership study on the future of technology for legal'. The study 'looks at the potential impact of new and emerging technologies for law firms and the resulting strategic priorities over the next 10-15 years.' That is a long-range crystal ball.
Perhaps stating the obvious, but technology has a fundamental impact on legal practice and business results. Knowing where to look (technology-wise) will help you build business strategies for the future. Read about it
The Legal Administrator Daily brings you news, marketing, and blogs you will find useful along with new job opportunities. Anyone in the business of law should be reading the LAD.
Have an opinion you would like to express or an interesting anecdote to share? Send it to me!
See our newsletter for IT folks.
See our newsletter for Librarians.
Bill Lipner, Editor
Using PDFs? Read LawyerPDF , a blog brought to you by yours-truly.
- The IRS Scandal, Day 12, TaxProf Blog, May 21, 2013
- Steven Colbert on the IRS Scandal, TaxProf Blog, May 21, 2013
- Too Many Non-Equity Partners? - May 2013, Fairfax Associates Publication: Insights, May 21, 2013
- Survey: Firm Leaders Admit Downturn's Permanent Impact, The AM Law Daily, May 21, 2013
- New Industry Survey Examines Changing Legal Market, Altman Weil: Press Releases, May 21, 2013
- Amid Spy Scandal, Russia Boots Baker & McKenzie Lawyer, The AM Law Daily, May 21, 2013
Time and Billing
Litigation Support / Practice Management
- Thomson Reuters Elite Rebrands LawSoft as Envision, Announces Version 11, Thomson Elite: Press Releases, May 21, 2013
Document Management / Knowledge Management
- ZyLAB Warns of the Dark Side of "Big Data", ZyLab, May 22, 2013
- Copyright Law: Now in 3D!, Liquid Litigation Management, May 21, 2013
- 21 May 2013 - LDM Global Enhances Forensic Data Collection Services with eCloudCollect, LDM Global, May 21, 2013
- Foley & Lardner Collaborates with Advanced Discovery for eDiscovery Processing & Services, Advanced Discovery Blog, May 21, 2013
Business Strategy Consultants
- DocAuto Releases "Helm", A Full Scale Infrastructure Monitoring Application, DocAuto, May 21, 2013
- Four Steps to Switching Firms, Hildebrandt, May 22, 2013
- Thomson Reuters Elite Rebrands LawSoft as Envision, Announces Version 11, Legal IT Professionals, May 22, 2013
- Capensys Announces New Managed Training Services Program for Small/Medium firms, Legal IT Professionals, May 22, 2013
- Super Lawyers Names 2012 Pro Bono Award Recipients, Thomson Reuters: Press Releases, May 21, 2013
- LexisNexis Acquires Sheshunoff and A.S. Pratt Collections, LexisNexis: Press Releases, May 21, 2013
- Clio Announces Clio Cloud Conference 2013, Legal IT Professionals, May 21, 2013
- Biscom LegalSEC Webinar to Probe Security Weaknesses of Document Exchange, Legal IT Professionals, May 21, 2013
- LexisNexis Unveils Alliance with WatchDox, Inc., Legal IT Professionals, May 21, 2013
- Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services Adds Social Media Information from Converseon, Thomson Reuters: Press Releases, May 21, 2013
- Smarsh Survey Reveals New Phase in Evolution of Communications Oversight, smarsh, May 21, 2013
- Brethertons Solicitors Signs with Peppermint to Support Continued Growth, Legal IT Professionals, May 21, 2013
- Interview with Chris Wheaton: Suing Debt Collectors, Lawyerist.com, May 22, 2013
- The Careerist: Top 5 Reasons to Use Your Married Name, The AM Law Daily, May 21, 2013
- South Carolina Bound: Adams and Reese Opens in Columbia, The AM Law Daily, May 21, 2013
- The Churn: Lateral Moves in The Am Law 200, The AM Law Daily, May 21, 2013
- IRS Announces Tax Relief For Oklahoma Tornado Victims, Tax Girl Blog, May 21, 2013
- Nominate the Best Law Firm Websites (2013 Edition), Lawyerist.com, May 21, 2013
- The Underside of Vine: Another Headache for Employers, Connecticut Employment Blog, May 21, 2013
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL) “Fixes” Pass State Senate; Final Approval Expected, Connecticut Employment Blog, May 21, 2013
- Social media is the digital water cooler, Ohio Employer's Law Blog, May 21, 2013
- A New Laywer’s Guide to Teaching a CLE, Lawyerist.com, May 21, 2013
- The Best Advice Can Be To Ignore Others, Lawyerist.com, May 21, 2013
- Wrap Up of AICPA Spring Governing Council Meeting 2013, AICPA Insights, May 21, 2013
Copyright © 2013 by PinHawk LLC. All rights reserved.
This newsletter is edited by Bill Lipner.
PinHawk LLC does not warrant that the information in this email will meet any specific requirements nor that it will be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall PinHawk LLC be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use the information contained herein. By reading this email you agree to the
Terms and Conditions.
Contact: PinHawk LLC, 40 Exchange Pl., Suite 1313, New York, NY 10005, tel. 212-363-7766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't let this important email be caught by a spam filter,
ensure delivery to your inbox.